Centre for Addiction Medicine has been involved in:
1. Training medical and non-medical professionals within the ambit of the professional courses at NIMHANS, in various aspects of substance abuse.
2. The Centre is initiating a one year post-doctoral fellowship in Addiction Medicine. Details will be posted on this site
3. The Centre for Addiction Medicine offers a one-month orientation course in substance abuse treatment for medical as well as non-medical professionals
4. The Centre for Addiction Medicine has conducted De-addiction treatment courses for State Government medical officers and training of trainers from the southern region, under the auspices of a WHO – Ministry of Health funded training scheme. WHO fellows from Bangladesh, Myanmar, Iraq, Nepal [SEARO], Democratic Republic of Korea and Iraq [EMRO] are also referred for training.
5. Training of grass-root level workers, including street educators: The Centre for Addiction Medicine has provided training to several non-governmental organisations involved in community developmental activities. Skills to handle persons with drug and alcohol abuse as well as their families form the major component of these programmes.
+91 80 26995360
3rd Cross Rd, Hombegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029.